Sunday 4 July 2010

Product Rave: Shu Uemura UV Underbase Mousse




Whilst recently browsing my local Space NK, I have come across a star product that is definitely worth a good rave about. Probably something I would have normally overlooked, I actually stumbled across this product when overhearing the MUA speaking to someone about the powers it possessed and like the sucker for make-up that I am, I had to give it ago. Plus I needed a primer. Well, that's what I told myself.

The product in question is the Shu Uemura UV Underbase Mousse which acts as a primer/make-up base and very importantly includes SPF 30 which for fair skinned ladies such as myself (well, for all skin types actually), is definitely a strong selling point. It is actually an improved and re-formulated version of a previous Shu Uemura mousse base though as I didn’t try that, I can’t compare the two but I thought it would be worth mentioning....

The mousse has a light and sheer tint so that in the summer especially, it can easily be worn on its own and nicely evens out the skin tone, adding a subtle sheen and brightening up the skin. The colour is very neutral and also leaves the skin incredibly soft and not at all oily when applied. As a mousse (and boasting a very lightweight) formula, it absorbs easily and my powder or foundation clings to it all day without budging. You can easily control how much product you dispense from the nozzle and am happy to report that it doesn’t dry out my skin at all. I only tend to require a small amount for maximum effect meaning that this product will last and so makes the somewhat expensive price tag of £28 a little more justified. My makeup remains fresh looking without the need of re-application and most importantly, stays put!

I have to admit, I’m not a huge fan of investing in make-up that you can’t necessarily see if that makes sense but having found this, I now understand the concept and benefits of a really great primer and this one is a delight to use!

The Shu Uemura UV Underbase Mousse is available in Space NK stores (in the UK) and can also be purchased online from Beauty Expert.

Image courtesy of Beauty Expert.

No comments: