Wednesday 14 July 2010

John Frieda 'Go Blonder' - My Thoughts



In my never ending quest to find the perfect hair products that will make my repeatedly highlighted hair look and feel at its optimum potential (a difficult task, believe me), I was recently sent the Sheer Blonde Go Blonder shampoo and conditioner by John Frieda.

Any of you fake blondies out there will know how awful it is when you highlights or colour begins to turn a nasty shade of yellow, brass or bronze and these products are supposed to help combat that and claim to ‘gently lighten natural, colour-treated and highlighted blonde hair’ with the shampoo working to lighten the colour and the conditioner replenishing moisture and providing nourishment. They also claim to make your blonde hair ‘sparkle like sunshine’. So, without further ado, off I went to shower in hot pursuit of sparkling locks!

After using these two products together, I have to say I was very pleased with the results and one thing I noticed aside from colour was the volume it gave my hair. The colour did ‘lift’ and this is especially noticeable after a few uses. My hair is soft and manageable and the smell of the products is also rather pleasant without that harsh chemical scent that blonde enhancing shampoos sometimes have, leaving you wary about what’s actually in them. The Go Blonder products contain citrus extract and chamomile which definitely feels like a little injection of ‘health’ for your hair!

I would certainly recommend the Go Blonder range to anyone with highlighted or bleached hair as these are perfect for when your colour needs a bit of a boost and also make your hair look and feel healthy – which is what we all want, right??

The John Frieda Go Blonder shampoo and conditioner is available to buy in most supermarkets, Boots, Superdrug etc. and is priced around £5.49.

For more info, go to www.goblonder.co.uk where you can also win the chance to become a Go Blonder model for the day.

No comments: