Sunday 3 January 2010

Happy New Year!

















I've never really been into 'New Year's Resolutions' in a big way but 2010 feels like a year which is definitely starting on a positive note and I feel a little more inspired and motivated to make this year amazing both personally and professionally.

So, here is the good stuff achieved in 2009-:

- I found an amazing relationship with a wonderful man who makes me insanely happy - I'm not usually one to shout out about things like this but hell, who cares, it's true.
- I had a style piece published in the London Metro
- I visited LA and San Francisco - in true goddamn style!
- I was able to go fully freelance as a writer. It still feels strange not knowing quite how much I'll be earning each month but the insecurity definitely drives you!

Lots of other great things happened too but those are certainly the highlights.

So, now for some goals for 2010 - I say goals instead of resolutions because that makes me think more long term and resolutions always tend to dwindle away by mid Feb.

- Continue being a freelance writer....
- Get back into music, singing and songwriting
- Read 1 book per week and keep a record of what I have read
- Do more dance classes - at least 2 per week. Much better than the gym.
- Try and look my best every day even when working at home (when you wfh pyjamas are a tempting option but it makes you kinda slack in the style department!)
- Start my own business
- Make more effort to understand Politics
- See more of London (amazing how I've lived here for 8 years and still don't feel I've gotten to know it properly)
- Visit New York with the boyf
- Start making YouTube vids - make-up, style, vlogs etc - just for fun. I'm a bit scared but I've been really inspired by some great YouTube gurus during 2009 and want to give it a go!

Well, today is actually January 3rd so I know I'm a little late but as tomorrow is the proper new year as its the first working day, I'll let myself off :)

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: