Monday 18 July 2011

I Wanna be a Geek!



I am fully aware that I'm a bit late to the party on this trend, but I can't get enough of geeky specs at the moment. Well, admiring them on other people, at least. I'm just not sure that I could pull the whole preppy chic look off, but assuming I don't look like a complete idiot, here are some styles that I'm leaning towards trying...

4) Gok Wan for Specsavers (don't judge me) £99

I'm thinking that if I had glasses I enjoyed wearing (as opposed to my dated super cheapo frames that were the first pair I tried on), I would probably remember to wear the damn things! As I have a round-ish face, maybe a pair of glasses with a slight cat-eye frame would be best to avoid looking 12 years old and put a bit of a sophisticated spin on the geeky look?

What do you think? Do you have any recommendations?







6 comments:

This Is Kamara said...

I Love the Raybans! Raybans for me are a deffo! I'm a Super Geek! ahaha xx

Claire said...

I happen to need new glasses but have never suited frames so big (though i'm rocking the traditional 'black media specs' at the moment). Might be my time to return to specsavers..

Laura said...

I am liking the Ray-Bans too and they're definitely a little more budget friendly! I've heard that Specsavers have loads of geek inspired frames so maybe I'll have to go try some out......

Life At Victoria House said...

Cute post :)
My most recent set of glasses are bigger than I normally get because of the whole geek look :)
xxx

Summer said...

Oooh, Anne looks so pretty! Honestly I think everyone looks better with geeky glasses! :) You should totally get them, the Ray Bans you posted should fit your face perfectly. Let us know how you decide <3

http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

splashie911 said...

I love the way that being a geek involves wearing glasses like these. Please don't take this the wrong way because I think its an awesome fashion and I wish I had the face to pull them off but I'm a geek. I'm a first class geek. I study physics!! and well you only have to look at a picture of me to see that the stereotype is so wrong! I've spent years trying to break this which is why I'm going to tell you from a geeks perspective go Ray Ban :)