Monday 11 October 2010

Product Rave: Eyeko 3 in 1 Cream



Last weekend I attended the Eyeko event and I have to say that I've been enjoying testing out the various products that we were very kindly given. For me personally, I think that the star of the goody bag show has to be the new Limited Edition Eyeko Cream Extra Glow.

I'll get the superficial stuff out the way - first and foremost the packaging is just gorgeous; very girly, pretty and kitsch. Perhaps not to everyone's taste, but I like it.



Now to the product itself. Well, it claims to be a 3 in 1 cream - a highlighter, a moisturiser and an eye cream. I have to admit I wouldn't use it solely as a moisturiser or an eye cream though the jojoba and vitamin E contained within the product does mean that it is gentle on the skin and it does have a 'moisturising' quality texture-wise. The main reason I would only use it for highlighting effect is that it is super duper glowy and to slather it on in the way I would my moisturiser would mean that I'd look like something from another galaxy. However, I regard that as a positive point as in terms of its effect as a highlighter, this is probably the best product I've used, and trust me, a little goes a long way.

The formula is incredibly iridescent and leaves a beautiful, radiant sheen to the skin. The way in which I've been using the cream is either mixed in with my foundation to create a more natural dewy look, or on top of make-up to highlight the cheekbones, the brow bones and cupids bow. If you don't need/want to use a foundation, when used on its own, it's also a nice way of providing the skin with a bit of natural looking 'pzazz' - though I recommend you go light on the application.

The Eyeko cream is priced at £8 which I think is fantastic for such a useable product that definitely provides you with that 'lit from within' look that we all so desire.

P.S If you use my Ambassador code E11297 at the checkout, you will receive a free Eyeko gift.

No comments: